Training Opportunities for Parents, Professionals and Schools
Parent Support Groups: Mary-Jo is available to speak at your parent support group about any topic below.
Professionals, School Personnel, and Parents: Training curricula from 2 hours to 2 days available.
- Attachment disorder
- Bonding (Parent)
- Therapeutic, Attachment-Focused Parenting
- Developmental Trauma
- Placement Stability in Foster and Adopt Families
- Sibling support in Foster and Adopt Families
- Working with schools to support children with Developmental Trauma
- Post-placement adjustment in foster and adoptive families
- Parenting internationally adopted children
- War trauma in children and youth
- Trauma and acculturation in newcomer populations (immigrants and former refugees)
- Complexities in treatment protocols for former refugee children, youth and their families
- Working with Interpreters in the Psychotherapy
Professional Development Opportunity
Use of Self in Attachment-Focused, Trauma-Informed Therapy. A retreat for therapists.
Contact Mary-Jo for dates
See the Poster for details from earlier sessions.
A program of hope and support for parents
See the Flyer from earlier programs.
Mary-Jo Land is available to provide this interactive, hope-filled and engaging training This ideal training program which blends theory with strategies for parenting traumatized children was created by Dr. Kim Golding of the UK. This interactive program offers 54 hours of intensive training to help families who may be struggling in their day-to-day lives with their adoptive, foster or kinship children.